Saturday, June 15, 2013

Summertime Thanks - Magnolia Tilda Thank You Card.



Happy Saturday everyone :)
Thank you for coming to visit.


I have been pretty busy this week with putting together a few things for my blog.  Starting on Monday you will see something different that I would like to incorporate on a weekly basis.  It is something that I think we can all benefit from especially when it comes down to all the social media that we use.  You will have to come back on Monday to find out what it is ;)



Totally Tilda Design Team Call:

You wouldn't believe just how excited I am to know that Totally Tilda are looking for new members for their design team :)  I would totally love the pleasure & would be honoured to be part of the team as they always offer the best creative inspiration.  A Tildarette?  Me? Can you imagine? lol 

I would totally love the interactive commitment of creating for Totally Tilda on a regular basis. I am dedicated to my designing & always work my best in accordance to deadlines. I totally love Tilda & have been designing with Magnolia stamps & Doohickeys for quite some time now. 

I have a very laid-back sense of humour, love to laugh & not to mention I love fun & games. With all this happening at Totally Tilda's Party blog, it sounds like a second home & family to me :)  I am sure that I would learn a lot too. I always work better in a team environment. Wow, imagine being part of the Totally Tilda team! I say 'bring it on' Let's get started :)

Oh, but wait...I have to be selected first lol  Gulp!

So, I have submitted my application to Totally Tilda.
The theme is to create a design with my own interpretation of Summer.

To me, Summer is all about my love for the beautiful flowers & their gorgeous fragrance here in Australia.  Lots of greenery, warm summer sunshine, plenty of colourful flowers & blossoms.  Not forgetting time with family & friends sharing that summertime love.

I have played at Totally Tilda challenges many times but to me, it's this one that 'really' counts.  So not only are my fingers crossed but every bodily part that I can think of is crossed too in the hope that I get chosen lol.

Thank you Totally Tilda for this wonderful opportunity & for your consideration.  I appreciate it & so does Tilda lol :)

Here goes. 
Wish me luck my wonderful followers :)


Introducing Summertime Tilda :)





Look at Tilda sitting comfortably on her flowered heart blowing loving kisses or maybe it's star dust? Dressed in a lovely pink top & green overalls she is quite content with being surrounded by beautiful pink & white little blossoms. No wonder she is having a day full of sunshine & flowers :) 


I coloured Tilda in the following Copic colours:

Skin: E000, 00, 11, 21, R20
Hair: E43, 50, 53, 57
Top: R81, 85, RV10
Pants: G21, 94, 99

Want to pin the Copic colour combo?







Well, to be totally honest with you, this design started off pretty easy but the more I got into it, the harder it became. Colouring Tilda with Copics was the easiest part of all :)

I selected the cardstock & papers that I wanted to use. I found a flower punch in my supplies that I hadn't used in some time & just started punching little white flowers. I ended up with heaps of them lol. I slightly stamped some pink ink onto them to give them a slight bit of colour & then added tiny little beads to them. I got one of my heart doileys out & started to adhere the flowers to it. 

Hmm, what about some lace around the edges of the heart? So that's what I did.  Next came the string of pearls to go on top. 
Simple.  Done.  Looks good :) 

But then....I went to place the heart onto the card base & the heart is way too big lol. I wanted to use more than just one design of patterned paper, so I needed to find a solution. No matter what I did, moving this part & that part, I just simply couldn't get it to 'work'. I decided I needed to sleep on it as it was already one o'clock in the morning.






When I awoke (& had my morning coffee) I played with the design some more & finally figured it out. Voila.  I can now move on. 

I wanted to continue with the floral scene, sooo I punched some more flowers. Different tones of pink this time :)  I used my leaf Die through my Cuttlebug machine & adhered them to the card followed by the flowers.






I decided to add a tag, decorated it & added the sentiment to it. Along came the time to create the bow, add the flower, a sentiment postmark & adorned the design with its final touches.







I'm not 100% happy with it but I'm really glad that I finally got it finished lol.


If you would like to pin this design to your Pinterest board:



-----------------------------------------

This design has been popped into my

-----------------------------------------



I would like to include my design into the following challenges:

Magnolia Down Under #200 - Thank You
Bearly Mine #90 - Anything Goes
The Paper Shelter #116 - Pink & White
Alota Rubber Stamps #108 - Summer Feeling
Aud Sentiments #82 - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday #273 - Once Upon A Time
Marvelous Magnolia #31 - 2 x Doohickey Dies
A Creative Romance #1 - Anything Goes
Deep Ocean #53 - For a Girl
Inky Chicks #6 - Love
Lovely Hanglar & Sweet Magnolia #71 - Lace & Pearls
Simply Magnolia - Layers & Lace
Totally Tilda #73 - Going Postal
You, Me & Magnolia #15 - Photo
CMC Copic Challenge Group #70 - Gorgeous Brunettes


-----------------------------------------





Well, due to it being really late over here in Australia, I had better go & catch up on some beauty sleep :)

Thank you so much for poppin' in & don't forget to come back on Monday :)






Thank goodness for social media :)  Feel free to keep up with me :)
Facebook: All likes are happily returned - Click here
Twitter - Tweet tweet - Click here
Pinterest - Yes I'm addicted lol - Click here





26 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW this must have taken you ages - LOVE the effect! Gorgeous job!
Thanx so much for joining us at MDUC this week
xXx

Lozzy said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, beautiful colours and design. Love all the flowers...Thank you for joining us at Bearly-Mine challenge this week and hoping we see you again. Good luck..Hugs Lozzy x

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa,
Your card is lovely sweetie but I am afraid you have linked to the wrong post here. You need to add this to the linky on the DT call post. This link is for the Going Postal challenge. Could you pop over and add it to the DT call link please hunni.
hugs
Dawn xxx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! Love all of the flowers and I agree, this must have taken ages to do. Thanks for playing along with us at Totally Tilda.

Feebsy said...

Wow I have to say your card is amazing and you must have a lot of patience all those flowers! Tilda looks amazing and I really love your layout. Good luck with the DT call.

Thank you for popping by my blog this morning and leaving such a kind comment. I didn't realise I'd won at Sketch Saturday until you told me!

Feebsy
xx

Maris said...

thanks for joining in at YMAM

Christa said...

Hi Lisa , I would like to thank you for the visit to my blog. And for your kind words about my Swedish card. I am so happy to be the winner at Magnolia Mania .... can't wait to see the prize from Magnolia. Your card with ALL those lovely tiny flowers is so beautiful !! It must have been a great job .... Have a good weekend ! Hugs from Holland , Christa.

Inky Angel said...

Hi Lisa,
Thanks so much or visiting me and becoming my follower. This gives me a chance to visit your beautiful blog, it is full of wonderful ideas and creations.
Your Tilda is gorgeous, i will keep my fingers cross for your Totally Tilda DT entry.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Katie

Mo said...

Lisa, your card is AMAZING...!!!
What a great idea with the flowers and the heart - love it !!!
Big hugs,
Mo

The Little Stamper said...

Fantastic card! I love your coloured image and also the textures that you have added.

Thanks for sharing at Bearly Mine this week.

Sharon x

Christine said...

Awww this is so cute Tilda among all those lovely flowers it must have taken you an age to place them all? ..great take on the Summer time theme

Thanks for sharing & entering the TT DT call..good luck.

smiles Christine x

Gina's Cards said...

Wow this is stunning! It must have taken you ages to punch all those flowers! Thank you for joining us at Marvelous Magnolia, good luck and I hope you will join us again.

Hugs
Gina x

Susie Sugar said...

Hi Lisa your card is a beauty I love that soft green lace, great idea to edge the heart like that and I think green and pink go fab together. A sweet design too all those little flowers must have taken ages to assemble
Thanks for entering the Totally Tilda DT call
Hugs Susie Sugar xxx

Lisa Jane said...

This is so pretty . I love all those punched flowers
Lisa x

Debi said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comment. I love the Tilda images but unfortunately don't have any. You did a fantastic job with this card. I don't know if I could do one justice. They look so much better on the square cards (which cost more to send in the US) with tons of lace, pearls, ribbons, etc. (which our postal machines would totally destroy) Don't know how you mail these masterpieces!
DebiB
thatmightlookgoodonacard.blogspot.com

Patti Jo said...

So many cute flowers to go along with your cute Tilda! Love this one! Great job on your card Lisa! So glad you could join us at the Magnolia-licious and Wee Stamps Challenge Blog...thank you!

Dana Joy said...

Wow..this is an amazing card. Very pretty. Glad you joined us at Color Me Creative.

Cat's sCrap said...

What a work ! Very magnificent card. Fabulous coloring. Original shape. Great job !

Hugs from France.
Cat's sCrap.

Shelby Goolsby said...

What a beautiful and unique shaped card, I love it!! All of the little flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter.

corryskaart said...

hoi lisa
een geweldige kaart waar zeker veel werk in zit maar het is een bjoetie geworden! dank voor het meedoen bij YMAM
groetjes van corry

Unknown said...

Such a great card, thanks for linking up at Aud!

tootsie said...

Totally gorgeous!! Sticking those little flowers down must have taken forever!!

Thank you for joining us over at The Paper Shelter!

xxx
Wendy

Teresa said...

Stunning work, thanks for joining our first challenge at A Creative Romance. Teresa x

Kim said...

Now that is determination! Those flowers are awesome! Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at CMC.

Cathy Lee said...

Lovely, Lisa. Such a pretty card with all those flowers and gorgeous lace. Tilda is adorable. Thank you for sharing it with us at Magnolia-licious & Wee Stamps.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Sharon Caudle said...

Wow!!! That's a TON of work!! Absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talents with us at Magnolia-licious and Wee Stamps Challenge Blog! I hope you join us again very soon!
hugs, Sharon