Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Happy Christmas Holidays - Easel Card



It's getting closer & closer to Christmas.  I still have presents to buy, let alone to wrap up.  One day 'I will' be organised for Christmas lol.

Over the last few days I have been busy creating my new design.
I found this gorgeous stamp at the Paper Shelter.  It's called Warm in the Winter.  As soon as I saw it I just had to have it :)



I absolutely loved colouring her in with my copics.  The image really came to life.




By The Cute & Girly are having a challenge called 'Let it Snow' so I decided to be brave & enter the challenge.  I have never shaded a white image before & I really wanted to give the snow a little dimension & I am really happy with the way it turned out.




I have also made a New Years Resolution to use at least 2 items of old items that are in my stash.  They seem to get put away & newer supplies tend to take priority lol.  Does this happen to you?  So, I know its not New Year yet but I figured why wait? lol  Besides I've got some brilliant new items on their way to me & I need to make room lol.  One of the 'old items' from my stash is the Star charm.




The red ribbon is also from my 'old stash' :)  I used a fair bit of this so i'm happy :)  Talking about all that, Sketch & Stash have a challenge using this sketch.



I flipped the sketch over to use on my design.




I have seen many easel cards in the past created by other people but I always thought it would be too difficult to make so I never bothered lol.  However, I then saw that the challenge at Wild Orchid was to design an Easel Card.  So I just had to try it because I really want to win their prize of all those gorgeous flowers :)  Fingers crossed :)  It actually suprised me as to how easy it was to put together.  I will definately be making more.




The sentiment is from Tiffany Doodles that I won over at Incy Wincy with one of my previous designs.  Thanks guys :)



 
The snowflake are two buttons that I have had in my stash for about 10 yrs lol.  'Finalllly' I get to use them :)



Final picture..



Well thats it for today.  Wish me luck with the challenges :)
You can find my Happy Christmas Holidays Easel Card for purchase in my Etsy store.  You can find it here: Dreamtime Designs Etsy Store.

Thank you so much for coming to visit.  Don't forget to leave a comment to let me know you have come by so that I can visit you too.  I hope you will come again :)

Take care & happy craftin'.
Hugs



3 comments:

Bea und Doreen said...

such beautiful card. The image is so lovely and the colouring gorgeous.
many thanks for joining us at SnS this week.
Hugs
Doreen

Sue said...

OH WOW I love love love your card, I can see why you had to have this image, she is gorgeous and you have coloured her beautifully. I absolutely adore all your pretty embellishments too, beautifully put together...I love it:)

thank you for joining us at SnS

sue
xx

Geraldine said...

Wonderful card. I love all the details and that Paper Shelter image is gorgeous.
Thank you for sharing it with BTC&G's "Let it Snow" challenge.
Geraldine